Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a major high end heritage brand in their search for a Women’s Footwear Designer! This is exciting opportunity is based in their NYC headquarters for the duration of approximately 3 months (FT Hours).
Primary Purpose: The Footwear Design is responsible for developing ideas and executing product design in line with the conceptual direction for a season. They partner with individuals internal and external in Merchandising, Quality, Product Development, Materials Development, Licensing and our third party licensing partner.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
• Create and develop sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process. Partner to refine seasonal concept, lasts, materials, hardware, and color palette.
• Travel to Asia with developmental partners to execute designs; partner with factories to ensure design and quality standards are met.
• Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all designs documentation for casual and sport footwear are delivered to development partners on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization.
• Participate in seasonal assortment edits with the Merchandising and Licensee.
• Responsible for ensuring the design integrity is met throughout the entire product development process from concept through manufacturing.
• Actively participate in weekly Category Team Meetings with partners to ensure the timely and high quality execution of the product and creative vision.
The accomplished individual will possess...
• 7 or more years of experience in footwear design with proven abilities in casual and sport shoe categories.
• Bachelor's degree in Design or Design related field preferred
• Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform sketches and renderings
• Experience in developing product directly with factories; understanding development from concept through manufacturing
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
Featured Skills: Strong free sketches and technical drawings
If this sounds like you, please Apply Now!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled