WHOLESALE INVENTORY DEMAND PLANNER
Accessory in New York, NY is seeking an experienced Wholesale Inventory Demand Planner for our Nike Golf Belts, Lee and Wrangler divisions. The perfect candidate MUST have experience in wholesale business planning in the apparel, footwear, and/or accessories industry. This is a growing division for the company that works at a very fast pace with some of the largest retail customers in the United States and Canada.
Manage the development of forecast and inventory planning in anticipation of customer needs and in accordance with the organizations sales and service objectives. Direct the review of historical sales trends and forecasts. Review statistical forecast models and evaluates forecast results. Coordinate communication with sales, development, production, senior management and other departments to ensure that current, accurate information and data are available for forecasts.
- Plan sales and forecast appropriate inventory levels by SKU.
- Identify potential inventory liabilities and take appropriate actions to bring quantity to a desired level.
- Build a team relationship with merchant and sales counterpart(s).
- Determine quantity to purchase for new and continuing SKU’s.
- Forecast review and revise inventory purchases to maintain optimum inventory flow
- Manage and maintain department financial forecast. (OTB/rolling forecast)
- Take timely action to maximize sales, profitability and inventory productivity.
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies.
- Develop department financial merchandise plans and ranking.
- Strong project management skills with proven success in delivering complex projects
- Strong collaboration and influence management skills as evident by cross functional alignment and delivery of initiatives
- Collaborate with key partners in, sales, merchandising, production and finance to obtain consistent forecast inputs.
- Analyze weekly retail sales reports from key accounts to identify opportunities and threats and share them with the account management team
- Systematically identify and work to reconcile discrepancies and close gaps among inputs on an ongoing basis.
- Work with production planning and deployment to transfer/translate consensus forecasts for operational purposes.
- Ensure successful customer promotion execution through effective planning and leverage of key customer event inputs.
- Track weekly/monthly forecast error results versus established targets, identify, and report on root cause for forecast error below targets.
- Play a lead role in the annual planning process across the S&OP planning team. Ensure linkage to monthly volume forecast as part of financial forecasting process.
- Establish annual forecast accuracy targets.
- Lifecycle Planning Management leader
Note: This job description is intended to indicate the basic nature of positions allocated to this job title and examples of typical duties that may be assigned. It does not imply that all positions within this class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all the possible duties that may be assigned.
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
- Are a true business owner comfortable with decision-making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details.
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow.
- 4-7 years relevant work experience in an Apparel, Footwear, or Accessories organization
- Proficient in retail math
- Proficient in Excel
- Understanding of retail supply chain
- College degree preferred
- 4 year Degree
- 3 years of related experience in forecasting, purchasing, planning or replenishment.
- Above average Access, Excel, and Power Point skills.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to generate and use quantitative, as well as qualitative data for analysis and decision making purposes.
- Strong understanding of accessories, bags, apparel or consumer good demand, production, supply or inventory planning.
- Creative, innovative, results oriented and ability to multitask to achieve business results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that will translate across all levels of management.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
This position generally works in an indoor office environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Speak clearly and concisely
- Hear clearly to understand general conversations in person, over the telephone and in large groups
- Use hands to manipulate objects and paperwork
- Use close vision and be able to focus
- Color vision for supply approval and inventory identification
- Sit for long periods of time