VP Men's Design - Calvin Klein
If you are a current PVH Associate, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Design Your Future at PVH
VP Men's Design - Calvin Klein
The VP of Design is responsible for leading the conceptual vision and design of the seasonal collections for the Calvin Klein Sportswear and Calvin Klein Performance men's brands in collaboration with Global Creative Director. In addition to sketches, the VP Design will work on material and color research, fabric and product development.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Provide overall creative direction and vision for new product design development focusing on specific classifications
- Leads the conceptual thematic concept boards and design concepts according to merchandise plans and schedules including: compiling material references and inspiration images, where applicable. Assist with the creation of all seasonal boards and presentations.
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar.
- Develop design concepts to suit partners' needs while adhering to brand standards and design aesthetic
- Build a strong relationship with business counterparts by developing strong understanding of business; industry trends and bestseller factors and specific product cost factors. Stay abreast of retail landscape for trend and product opportunities. Liaison with licensee team in identifying product opportunities to influence merchandise assortment plans. Partner with external partners on sourcing appraisals and recommendations.
- Partner with product development teams to maintain clear and concise communication to meet all product deadlines and keep programs on track.
- Keep product development teams and merchants updated in all communications. Consult with product team prior to sensitive vendor communications if cost, lead-time or minimum implications exist.
- Assign specific assignments to design staff and monitor accordingly for a cohesive presentation to Creative Director.
- Oversee revisions, correspondence and approvals. Maintain seasonal project communication consistent with brand standards.
- Travels to trade shows to observe new trends and materials.
- Mentor Design team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 10+ Years of experience in design at a bridge or collection level; 6+ years in management capacity leading successful teams
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in design or art preferred.
- Must operate effectively across cultural and time-zone barriers
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Must have experience working with technical design and have strong understanding of raw materials, fabrics, textiles and overall garment silhouette contruction
- Possess high fashion aesthetics
- Flexibility to meeting strict deadlines
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Continue exploring our current job opportunities and take the next step towards designing your future.