The Vice President of Sales will manage wholesale to achieve maximum sales volume and profitability. The VP will budget, forecast, and report on pricing and trends. This executive leader will provide supervision of the sales staff, recommendations to design, and operations regarding opportunities to maximize sales. The VP, Sales will be a valued member of the Senior Leadership Team and be responsible for taking part and setting strategy for our 5 year business and brand planning. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Manages major department stores and specialty wholesale business. Responsibilities include presenting product; proposing appropriate assortments; initial order and reorder taking; planning and tracking replenishment on basic styles; tracking and analyzing selling weekly, monthly, seasonally, and annually; profitability analysis and negotiating margin settlements.
2. Selects and maintains qualified personnel for Los Angeles and New York as well as an outside sales representative and manage staffing concerns (training, supervision, continuous development, performance evaluations, etc.).
3. Allocates sales territories and responsibilities and manage, motivate and monitor sales staff in achieving planned individual goals and with respect to maximizing sales, distribution issues, and overall profitability of their business.
4. Micro-manage all department stores with respect to sales volume, profitability, advertising and promotions. Work closely with the Merchandise Coordinator in merchandising Company product at retailers, educating retailers, and collecting competitive information.
5. Spearhead the process of exclusive styles and collaborations for stores and pursue new business opportunities.
6. Provide sales presentations to US and international sales teams for each product launch for all divisions.
7. Organize, oversee and participate in annual trade shows.
8. Manage basic inventory weekly and provide projections on new product for production.
9. Merchandise each product delivery with design, including pricing structures, for Men’s, Women’s and Kids.
10. Analyzes and reports on retail sales and wholesale bookings and the competitive landscape monthly on all divisions with regard to both specialty and department stores.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+
· BA/BS College Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum ten years of related experience.
· Experience in apparel or related industry, premium denim experience is highly preferred
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple demands with efficiency.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Work well independently and in high pressure environment, and is proactive
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements: 25% travel required by air and overnight
Diversity Vision Statement:
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.