Perry Ellis International is looking for an Vice President of
Creative to oversee the creative direction of how we express
the positioning of the brands in our portfolio. This person
will lead our in-house agency, as well as partner with any
external creative agencies, in the development of compelling
brand messaging through design, copy, content, and all forms
of Marketing communications. The goal is to elevate the story-
telling to enable each brand to successfully message what
makes it better, special, and different in ways that resonate
with our target audiences and drive purchase intent.
* Lead and inspire in house Creative teams, fostering a
culture that places a premium on ideas, creativity and
innovation to stimulate original thinking and deliver
* Provide senior creative direction on all marketing needs
including logo design, collateral development, advertising
campaigns, brand guidelines, digital creative needs,
copywriting, and content creation, including video.
* Lead the Creative team in the development of assets that
work across all channels and platforms (from retailer point
of sale to websites to social media to mobile, etc.)
ensuring they are on strategy, on brand, and drive results.
* Ensure product marketing collateral (trims,hangtags, etc.)
re-enforce strong brand identity and impactfully call out
key product features.
* Formalize brand architecture (design, imagery, use of
iconography, and brand voice) for all brands in the
* Ensure each brand has comprehensive Style Guides to provide
guidance covering logo design, brand voice, color palettes,
typography, promotional messaging, image usage, etc.
Additionally, update seasonally as necessary for short term
themes, colors, graphic elements, etc.
* Support Visual Merchandising initiatives at retail, showroom
* Partner with Director of Production on a process from
initial briefs through approvals and release that maximizes
Creative quality and team efficiency.
* Create an inspired and exciting design culture within the
creative team through training, idea sharing, and learning
* Partner with Marketing leaders across the company to
understand key marketing priorities and guide the creation
of compelling creative work that drives results.
* Liaison with any external agencies on Creative work.
* Monitor compelling messaging and communication tactics both
within and beyond our industry to ensure we are current
with the rapidly evolving Marketing landscape.
* 4 year degree in Visual Arts, Communications or Advertising
* Minimum of 12 years experience leading Creative teams and
building strong brands, or equivalent job experience .
Fashion Experience Preferred.
* Travel 10-15% of the time for off-site photo-shoots.
* Extensive knowledge of software products: InDesign, Adobe
Creative Suite, Presentation software
* Proven conceptual powerhouse with track record of delivering
world class multi media creative
* Strong production know-how, especially in the digital space
* Strong leadership/management skills and experience in
mentoring/nurturing creative teams.
* Highly collaborative and flexible.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to sell in
ideas and gain support for initiatives.
* Proven ability to translate strategic goals into innovative
* Strong creative problem solving skills relative to marketing
Please provide online portfolio and/or samples of your work
with your application.
To learn more about Perry Ellis International visit
Perry Ellis International, Inc. is a leading designer,
distributor and licensor of a broad line of high quality men's
and women's apparel, accessories and fragrances. The Company's
collection of dress and casual shirts, golf sportswear, sweaters,
dress pants, casual pants and shorts, jeans wear, active wear,
dresses and men's and women's swimwear is available through all
major levels of retail distribution.
The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries, owns a
portfolio of nationally and internationally recognized brands,
including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®,
Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®,
Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen®
and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by
licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and
Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus®
for golf apparel.