URBN: SENIOR TRANSPORTATION MANAGER - Furniture and Home Delivery
Title: Sr. Manager Transportation & Logistics – Furniture &
Reports to: Director Global Transportation & Logistics
Team: Two direct reports; Furniture Supervisor, Field
The: Sr. Manager Transportation & Logistics – Furniture & Home
Delivery will be responsible for successfully managing White
Glove and Threshold services for URBN Inc.’s furniture
businesses. As a Sr. Manager you will work directly with each
Brand’s furniture teams, to ensure alignment of their service
expectations regarding both DC operations & final mile delivery.
The Sr. Manager will build a strategy to support the growth of
the furniture channel and directly oversee the daily activities
within URBN Inc’s 3PL furniture DCs & delivery companies.
He/she will plan, direct and coordinate the operations within
the DCs, and is responsible for ensuring and improving the
performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the
DCs and delivery network through effective methods and
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop a corporate strategic vision for the transportation
process, communicate and execute this vision. Lead innovative
and creative thinking for new or improved transportation
related processes/tools supported by change management
• Has keen strategic agility; solves tough problems and makes
complex decisions. Creates advantage by generating
breakthrough and innovative ideas that lead to new and
different business solutions.
• Develop relationships with Operating Units to ensure
collaborative procurement strategies are followed optimizing
the transportation spend across all of Urbn brands.
• Key driver of communication to Management on industry trends,
economic indicators and change management recommendations.
• Strong negotiating and strategic supplier relationship
• Establish process ownership and SOP’s across Supply Chain
reducing cost pressure points and improving service drivers.
Legal & Regulatory
• Prepare, maintain and communicate Legal and Regulatory
requirements as related to Transportation and prescribed by
Federal and State Governing bodies.
• Maintain ownership to Contract Compliance with Carriers
ensuring execution of Urbn Contract reducing risk and
• Create and execute new Contracts as applicable to the modes of
transportation and the industry nuances that dictate each
• Design, develop and recommend operational and execution
strategies for future success utilizing leading industry
tools and improving network efficiency and lower costs.
• Provide strategy complete daily planning, execution, and
settlement functions in addition to the periodic strategic
procurement functions. It also provides unique functions that
can only be delivered through a network: supplier inbound
management, appointment scheduling, benchmarking and network-
wide reporting, a private transportation marketplace to
obtain capacity and lower costs, and total Supply Chain
• Executional Excellence -Focuses appropriate work, time and
resources with a clear line of sight to the goal. Works
efficiently to achieve Urbn Inc strategies and plans.
• Manages time in a manner that enables high workflow. Able to
accomplish work through others. Deliverables are done right,
and on time.
Identify & Drive Delivery Network Enhancements
• Identify final mile carriers that provide Best in Class
delivery experiences to our customers.
• Expand delivery frequency to remote regions.
• Increase Saturday delivery options.
• Manage the performance of 3PL furniture DCs. Monitor &
provide guidance to 3PL on proper warehousing procedures to
meet their committed SLAs.
Contracts & Negotiations
• Experience in sourcing and evaluating potential carriers & 3PL
Operations, completing RFI/RFPs, analyzing contract
proposals, and driving competitive rates through strong
Budget Creation & Adherence
• Work directly with Finance partners to build all-encompassing
annual furniture budgets (Inbound, DC-to-DC Transfers, DC
Operations, & Final Mile Delivery Expenses).
• Maintain open communications with all corporate counterparts.
Establish & maintain strong internal partnerships with Brand
Operations, Production, & Buying Ops Teams to ensure
Logistics is always aligned with Brand expectations.
Warehousing & Delivery Metrics Reporting
• Establish weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics reporting that
monitors the performance of all key functions & services.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
• MUST have 10+ years of furniture warehousing and/or home
delivery carrier management.
• MUST be able to work independently, and meet deadlines.
• MUST possess executive level, verbal & written communication
• MUST have excellent data analytical skills, and strong
knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & Access databases.
• Excellent accuracy in a fast paced environment.
• Creative problem solver, that takes initiative.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
• MUST have previous management experience related to furniture
manufacturing, warehousing, and/or delivery experience
Travel: As required
Sorry, applications are not being accepted through
StyleCareers.com. Apply directly at our website using the link
below. Please be sure to select www.StyleCareers.com as the