Urban Outfitters Department Manager - 481 Queen St. W., Toronto
UO DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Reports To: Store Manager + Store Merchandising Manager
Maintain a department that reflects a creative and inspirational store environment for the Urban Outfitters customer and employee. Partner with Store Manager and Store Merchandiser to oversee the operational and visual integrity of the store and contribute weekly business analysis with an emphasized accountability on their unique department. Assist in daily operational responsibilities of maintaining the store.
Experience + Qualifications
- Deeply understands and loves Urban Outfitters customer and brand culture
- Ability to drive business through providing an elevated customer experience
- Strong record of encouraging, developing, and promoting talented individuals towards career growth
- One or more years of retail experience in a leadership role
The Store Management Team and the Visual Team will receive a bonus by achieving their quarterly Omni goal and payroll plan. The Omni bonus is based on the employee’s annual salary, and is payable on a quarterly basis.
People + Leadership
- Collaborate with the Store Manager and Store Merchandising Manager to create an engaging and inspiring store environment through promoting excellent customer service and ensuring efficient execution of store direction throughout the team
- Coach team members on store operations, department knowledge, store visual standards, and business analysis
- Recruit, mentor, and train talented individuals for advancement within the organization
- Sets clear objectives and expectations for delivering an exceptional customer experience
Communication + Collaboration
- Foster a culture of strong communication and teamwork to ensure a seamless balance of operational, visual, and training priorities
- Effectively delegate projects and direction while at the same time empowering others within their department and the to succeed by taking ownership and making their own decisions
- Conduct productive and inspirational meetings and walkthroughs to ensure daily goals are met, with a focus on effecting their department’s business and visual standards
- Ensure that new, important Company information reaches all levels through the use of Threads and store communication, including training on Omni resources such as MPOS
- Effectively manage customer service by setting daily goals and expectations that promote an engaging and personalized experience for each customer
- Collaborate with the Store Manager and Store Merchandising Manager on the creation of an engaging experience that appeals to our customer’s culture through thoughtful presentation and placement of product within their department
- Actively participate in daily meetings by contributing product knowledge, reviewing daily and weekly merchandising tasks, and sharing visual updates
- Maximize store sales through a strong level of customer service, business and key metric analysis, and deployment of store resources
- Collaborate with the Store Manager and Store Merchandising Manager in taking ownership of shipment, markdowns, restocking, and standards within their department
- Lead and train team to maintain a deep understanding of Loss Prevention, Inventory Control, and all other Policy and Procedure
Merchandising + Display
- Assist in the timely execution of department visual directives to provide an inspirational visual experience
- Collaborate with the Store Merchandising Manager to develop creative and innovative solutions that adapt seasonal direction to their department in an inspiring way, while also rolling up their sleeves and supporting timely Merchandising execution
- Communicate and inspire team members on current trends and UO culture by sharing outside inspiration, new ideas, and pertinent visual information from the Home Office
During the hiring process, you might be asked to complete a video introduction, an opinion survey, or asked to join us at a UO Hiring Event.
Want to learn more about our brand and the amazing people that work at UO? Check out www.urbn.com!
Urban Outfitters, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations available for applicants with disabilities if required. Please notify us if an accommodation is needed.