UO: ASSOCIATE DESIGNER - Home Art, Graphic, & Product Design
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters operates more than 130
stores in the United States, Canada and Europe, all offering
an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock our stores with what
we love, calling on our — and our customer's — interest in
contemporary art, music and fashion. From men's & women's
apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a
lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated,
urban-minded individual in the 18 to 30 year-old range — both
online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.
Title: Reports To
Associate Designer – Home Art, Graphic, & Product Design
Sr Creative Design Manager
The Entertain Designer is responsible for creating and
executing graphics and illustrations, as well as product
specs, for private label design developments for the Home
department. This includes all products in the following
classes: Stationery, Electronics, Bar, Kitchen, Novelties and
occasionally textiles. This position requires a highly
motivated and experienced problem solver who is able to see
the process from conception through final sample. They must be
able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design
and brand appropriate trends, as well as partner and
collaborate with other designers and buyers.
• Create innovative and brand appropriate design solutions for
all facets of your product areas.
• Complete detailed design briefs for all new product
• Present design solutions to the Design and Buying Teams
• Respond to critique and direction with an open mind.
• Manage and complete line plan requirements from Buyers on a
• Quickly develop chase product closer to seasonal trends and
• Work closely with Buyers to develop a cohesive product
assortment that both fulfill business needs, as well as
pushing the envelope with new product development.
• Attend follow-up meetings for all products and manage
• Regular communication between Buyers, Design Coordinator and
• Research globally and domestically for new materials,
processes and fabrications.
• Keep current on Department, UO Brand and companywide
• Research and present to Design Manager new product and trend
ideas for each season.
• Prep and present overall concepts with Design team to Buying
and Production teams each season.
• Travel to factories for development and execution of
programs domestic and overseas.
• Technical knowledge of printing, processes and product
• Strong Computer skills: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,
InDesign, 3D modeling.
• Ability to illustrate in a variety of styles.
• Strong sense of typography, with an ability to hand-letter
• Strong use of color.
• Ability to create technical drawings for product
specifications to be sent to vendors for manufacturing.
• Clever, smart, and witty copywriting skills a plus for
typography placement on product.
• Outstanding taste level and sense of home and overall design
• Ability to work within a team to create the best product
that is focused on our customer.
• Ability to respond to business objectives with creative and
innovative design solutions.
• Ability to successfully manage workload efficiently.
• Ability to research and report on industry trend direction,
color direction, and materials.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to
effectively collaborate with partners in Design, Buying and
• Organization skills, this job requires multi-tasking on many
• 3-5 years working in the design industry
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and
InDesign, and 3D modeling.
Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Illustration, or
Domestic travel required
Sorry, applications are not being accepted through
StyleCareers.com. Apply directly at our website using the link
below. Please be sure to select www.StyleCareers.com as the