Maxx life! Explore career opportunities at T.J. Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. As an Associate, you already know that T.J. Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashions at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it’s a great time to join the T.J. Maxx team.
You can also feel good knowing that T.J. Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to T.J. Maxx, TJX’s retail chains include Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and T.K. Maxx in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Our TJ Maxx eCommerce facility is looking for a Transportation Manager to become a trusted member of our senior staff team partner with Operations to get products into the hands of our customers! Join our state of the art facility and get in on our eCommerce operations from the ground floor as we quickly expand our online webstore.
* Perform network analysis of inbound vendor shipments and customer delivers to establish the metrics needed in cost analysis and strategic planning. Investigates alternative carriers' service and rates on a regular basis for opportunities to reduce costs and improve service.
* Ensure the timely pick up of vendor merchandise and delivery to distribution centers.
* Monitor and report on carrier performance and store delivery schedules, taking corrective action when necessary.
* Monitor and manages the timely and accurate audit and payment of all freight invoices.
* Ensures all freight claims are processed and filed in a timely manner and reports on open and collected claim status.
* Prepare all monthly cost reports with explanations for variances from last year, budget and actual.
* Manages and develop a team of upwards of 6. Coaches and counsels associates on job performance and professional development.
* Maintains WEB page Routing Guide content to coincide with current network requirements and Distribution Center/Merchandising needs.
* Oversee over $20 million in freight expenses
* Special projects as assigned.
* 4-8 years of Transportation-related experience, with some exposure in fulfillment shipping directly to customer.
* 2-4 years of Managerial experience
* Experience and comfort reporting directly into Senior Management
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Logistics strongly preferred
* Proficient in YMS, Cross Docking, Capacity Planning,
* Manhattan experience considered a plus
* Strong verbal, writing, and analytical skills
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.