TRAFFIC CLERK / ROUTER
The Traffic Clerk is responsible for the administrative and coordination functions of logging orders, routing, shipping and tracking of outbound orders This position is also responsible for overseeing shipping compliance to our various apparel retailers such as Wal-Mart Kmart, JCP, Kohl’s and others. Maintains and verifies documentation to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the Distribution Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Request routing for apparel retailers, i.e. Kohl’s, Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, JC Penny’s etc., via their website links.
- Update Warehouse Management System (WMS) with appropriate date, time, and carrier information for driver pickups.
- Create and close Bills of Lading for each day's shipments.
- Become familiar with BOL vendor requirements and assist operations in meeting those vendor requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Work directly with carriers to schedule, adjust or troubleshoot load schedules.
- Provide immediate response to customer queries and follow up appropriately and timely on outstanding issues.
- Regularly communicate with Customer Service, Account Representatives and Operations personnel to provide updates and resolve issues in a timely fashion to ensure on time and quality shipments reach our customers and retailers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years experience in a traffic / routing position for a 3rd Party Logistics Distribution Center.
- Experience with shipping to retailers such as Kohl’s, Wal-Mart, Target, Sam’s Club, JCP, etc.
- Knowledge of EDI, billing, scheduling, routing, warehouse management systems (WMS) and warehouse operations support processes.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Able to maintain a professionalism and positive attitude with team members, management and brand and retail customers in all situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus, but not required.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Schedules are normally eight hours per day; overtime may be required of all employees with little or no advance notice. A forty-hour workweek is not guaranteed due to fluctuations in workflow.
- Must be flexible to work any shift as needed, including daytime, evenings, swing-shift, weekends across all DC’s based on business needs.