The Kasper Group will be exhibiting at the StyleCareers.com Design - Only Career Fair in New York.
Face-to-face interviews will be held on Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 at Penn Plaza Pavilion from 3pm to 7pm. Visit http://stylecareers.com/career-fair for more details.
The Kasper Group, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Textile Associate. The Textile Associate will support the Textile Team, working closely with Design and Production teams to establish and facilitate fabric production flow, counter sourcing, and stock distribution and completion. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Create and maintain fabric charts in MS Excel
• Negotiate target pricing and shipment delivery with factory mill/vendor agents to meet divisional goals
• Review and trouble shoot potential issues with vendors to ensure quality control on bulk fabrics
• Ensure and maintain color standard matching records from lab dips, strikeoffs approval through production dye lots. Approve quality of bulk fabric goods and dye lots
• Review bulk fabric test and approve fabric content, pricing in PLM database
• Review and comment fabric defects; Settling issues and problems with vendors, mills, and factories
• Establish and maintain seasonal fabric library record for effective sourcing/counter sourcing of variety of fabrics
• Assist textile manager, working closely with Design and Production teams to establish and facilitate fabric production flow, counter sourcing, and stock distribution and completion
• Order sample yardage for duplicates and pre-production samples
• Generate and track proforma invoices
• Follow up on all payment terms and agreements
• Daily communication between mills and factories to ensure fabric delivery is satisfied
• Attend weekly production meetings
• Record, update and analyze database logistics
• Send color standards and bulk approved swatches to internal department and factories
• Process invoices and debit notes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be very organized and detail oriented
• Great time management and ability to multi-task
• Great aesthetic and brand understanding
• Strong background in woven and knit construction and development
• Degree in Textile Design
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience with fabric sourcing and development
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Knowledge of PLM and Photoshop preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.