The Kasper Group will be exhibiting at the StyleCareers.com Design - Only Career Fair in New York.
Face-to-face interviews will be held on Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 at Penn Plaza Pavilion from 3pm to 7pm. Visit http://stylecareers.com/career-fair for more details.
The Kasper Group, Inc. has a great opportunity for a Fabric Assistant. The Fabric Assistant will support the Textile Manager, working closely with Design and Production teams to establish and facilitate fabric production flow, counter sourcing, and stock distribution and completion. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Obtain and analyze FDS/Care sheets for running and new qualities each season
• Enter all fabric details in PLM system
• Track and manage bulk color approvals with design and advise comments to mill/ factories
• Maintain seasonal fabric buy charts on a daily basis with bulk approval and rejections
• Maintain and follow up on bulk shipping on a weekly basis to ensure on time garment deliveries
• Maintain seasonal bulk lot and research/development files etc
• Assist with weekly DHL packages to HK team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be very organized and detail oriented
• Great time management and ability to multi-task
• Great aesthetic and brand understanding
• Strong background in woven and knit construction and development
• Degree in Textile Design
• Minimum 2 years experience with fabric sourcing and development
• Knowledge of MS Office.
• Knowledge of PLM and Photoshop preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.