Data Warehouse Solutions Architect
The candidate must be self-motivated with a strong background in technology with a proven ability to translate business needs into data rich, enabled applications and interfaces. Technical and intellectual curiosity is required, along with the ability to pick up concepts and techniques quickly in order to execute projects and solutions. Technical debugging and problem resolution are important components of the position. As we work with diverse datasets, deep understanding of data architecture, ETL, and query optimization is required. While this role is primarily as an ETL developer, it will require performance and understanding across all aspects of project lifecycle.
• Build a Metadata-Driven ETL Platform in a by Extending Microsoft SSIS for Teradata platform.
• Design and develop the system components for the extract and transform or conversion of data from source systems to the target applications;
• Create data structures or data models that support data across all stages of the extract, transform and load process.
• Design and maintain supporting Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) using SSIS
• Design and build a Change Data Capture (CDC) solution using SSIS
• Maintain accurate records related to data lineage
• Reverse engineer data from various systems
• Develop default strategies for policing data quality
• Design data auditing subsystem
• Develop plan for maintaining dimension hierarchies
• Design detailed ETL plans for each table
• Set up initial job sequencing
• Unit testing ETL code to ensure it can be delivered and run in a system testing environment
• Document the ETL system specification. Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with production support experience.
• Clear understanding of Data warehouse & ETL basic concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture & transformation ,meta data management
• Extensive experience in developing stored procedures, functions, Views and Triggers, Complex queries
• Develop ETL scripts using SSIS and Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT)
• 5+ years’ of practical experience in developing database ETL environments using SSIS for business intelligence applications
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of BI and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices.
• Basic knowledge of UNIX
• Ability to communicate at all levels of management and with peer associates. Demonstrated skills both written and oral are required
• Experience in the development of retail business solutions is a strong plus
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Exhibits leadership
• Possesses advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
• Embraces team-based approach
• Proactive, strong, clear communication skills
• Strives for Continuous Improvement
Skills / Software Required:
• Teradata/Oracle Experience
• Unix / Linux K-shell scripting experience
• Data Warehousing experience is must
• Familiarity with SSIS ETL Tool
• Familiarity with Control-M job scheduler (a plus)