Technical Specialist – Retail Omni Channel
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible to help architect, develop, maintain and support applications that comprise kate spade’s retail omni-channel platforms. The role requires the applicable technical expertise to perform research, create system designs and the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions. The Technical Specialist must be resourceful with a high sense of urgency to maintain business-essential systems in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Design, develop, maintain and support data integrations between retail, ecommerce sites, back-end retail and finance systems.
- Work directly with the business, internal, and third party development teams to understand requirements.
- Ability to coordinate system modifications through a change control process.
- Coordinate third party development teams to implement modifications and bug fixes, as required.
- Communicate with management team, development vendor, and business area experts to improve product functionality, resolve issues, and improve consumer satisfaction.
- Escalation of usability and performance issues, maintaining ownership of issues through resolution.
- Schedule flexibility required for on-call support, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience designing and coding application/data integrations using ETL platforms.
- Experience with Actian Pervasive ETL tool a huge plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Project preferred.
- Experience with Oracle (Micros) Xstore POS application suite preferred.
- Experience with Demandware Business Manager preferred.
- Demonstrate strong technical acumen for designing, developing, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Must be able to quickly assess issues and react to changing circumstances and new information.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to IT management as well as business area experts with skills such as empathetic and active listening, and clearly and patiently articulate solutions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, including prioritizing and multi-tasking while paying close attention to detail.
- Strong “customer centric” attitude to assure strong relationships are formed
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to analyze large concept and interpret them to smaller more understandable actions.
- Minimum 5-7 years as an Senior Software Developer / Systems Analyst role
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- SQL Server and Oracle data query tool skills required
- Must have expert language skills with UNIX, XML, PL/SQL, SQL Server SSIS
- Apparel/Accessory industry Retail, eCommerce and omni-channel experience strongly preferred
- Multilingual skills a plus but not required (e.g., Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin)
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran