TECHNICAL DESIGNER - Temporary
Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a major fashion retailer in their search for a Freelance Technical Designer for a variety of men and women's apparel! This awesome position is based in Framingham, MA and projected to last 9-12 months.
The Temporary Technical Designer develops the standards for a specific classification and ensures that all garments meet established standards. Responsible for approving the correct fit on all garments with the constant focus and emphasis on quality and value. Develops strong customer service and working relationships with Agents, Buyers, Vendors and other inter-departmental associates.
- Based on a design concept, develops and communicates fit and specification requirements to vendors via a technical report with clear and accurate descriptions of construction, detailed sketches, specific measurements and graded specifications
- Works with agents, factories in order to ensure that all garment specifications meet the company’s sizing and construction standards. Reviews all fit/production samples received from the vendors for compliance with construction standards, fit and sizing. Recommends any changes to the garments, ensuring that all shipments of merchandise will meet specifications. Approves specifications for bulk production.
- Works with Sr Tech designer in fit sessions utilizing dress forms in order to assess garment specifications and execution.
- Meets with Product Development Team members on a consistent and timely basis in order to ensure that problems or concerns are promptly resolved.
- Resolves issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Approves or rejects fit and production samples
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Makes specification and construction changes on new garments
- Acts with Integrity
- Recommends methods to improve the garment, construction and quality
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in spec’ing, fitting and grading Misses, Men’s or Children’s garments.
- Strong technical background and experience in grading/pattern making.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and PLM.
- Broad-based knowledge of garment specifications, including clothing construction, grading, etc.
- Knowledge of garment testing standards and protocols.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow through skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good math skills
- Highly skilled in evaluation of garment fit
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills