TECHNICAL DESIGNER - Jr. Dresses
Kellwood designs, manufactures, and markets a growing collection of premier fashion brands across a broad range of consumer lifestyles including Democracy, Jolt, My Michelle, XOXO, and Briggs.
Job Title: Technical Designer – Jr. Dresses
- Extensive knowledge of Technical Package creation from style sketch through construction detail, trims, and fabric specifications
- Liaison between the design and production departments in order to insure that the garment is produced to the specifications required
- Very proficient in measuring and departmental organization
- Ability to conduct fit sessions and make detailed fit comments
- Experience communicating with Chinese factories
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in fashion design or comparable program
- 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Web PDM system in order to create the Tech Packs is ideal
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Strong PC application skills (i.e. Windows, Excel, Word, Access)
- Good written and oral communication skills
The successful candidate will enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, matching 401K, Flexible Spending Plan, Paid Time Off, casual attire and company discounts.
Kellwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V