TECHNICAL DESIGNER - Handbags
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the
hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to
jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes,
swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and
gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages
personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores
across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally.
Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and
on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or
Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
the technical designer will support the design process and
ensure that creative intention is carried out through PD
handoff. The technical designer is responsible for partnering
with the designer of their assigned category and ensuring that
the creative vision is maintained through commercial
essential duties and responsibilities:
• support the creative design process post sketch review through
pd handoff by executing and updating detailed tech packs and
sample review forms
• support the sample development process and ensure seasonal
deadlines are met.
• facilitate sample reviews with design, merchandising, and
• execute design intent into bulk production while maintaining
high quality standards.
• collaborate and develop close working relationships with
design, r&d, merchandising, production, sourcing offices and
vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business
practices are achieved and upheld.
• identify potential production, quality and costing issues and
make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
• support spec, construction and fit intent on all samples.
• perform other duties as required.
• bachelor's degree in fashion - apparel/textile design,
manufacturing, product development, merchandising, or a
• prior experience in a creative handbag or slg design capacity
• 4+ years work experience technical design and full knowledge
of total production timeline.
• thorough understanding of the design & development process
from inception through production.
• expert knowledge of industry construction standards and
manufacturing, including hardware development
• strong design, prototyping, and research skills.
• attention to detail, initiative, organization and strong
verbal and written communication skills.
• ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem
solve, and the ability to effectively influence.
• strong computer knowledge, including microsoft excel, adobe
illustrator and photoshop.
• organized, accurate and articulate
* strong sketching ability and comprehensive understanding of
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Apply directly at our website using the link below. Please be
sure to select www.StyleCareers.com as the referring website.