TECHNICAL DESIGNER (Entry Level /Full Time) - Apparel, Gloves and Headwear
Huntworth/NTA Enterprise Inc., maker of hunting apparel, gloves and headwear is looking for an entry level Technical Designer.
The Huntworth label is built on a foundation of functional form-fitting apparel, forward-thinking design, and unheard-of affordability. We have a long history of cutting edge technologies that inspire us in the creation of our product line.
We know that great fitting and functional gear is essential to hunting and shooting. That’s why our gloves, hats, and clothing are ergonomically designed to provide the highest possible level of dexterity and comfort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and create product specification sheets for existing and new styles.
- Review (inspect and measure) and approve pre-production size approval samples
- Update tracking reports for PP, P&L and Top of production.
- Conduct container inspections.
- Review factory production audit reports.
- Review production material approvals. Production material inspection includes; inspecting material coloring and print quality, base material quality, stretch and weights are to specified standards.
- Track the approval status of all production material and trim approvals.
- Write daily communications to vendors on all the above issues.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum qualifications include:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Photo Shop and Illustrator. Proficient in Excel. Knowledge of fashion/garment construction and/or sewing techniques. Must possess knowledge of production and writing specifications.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Must be detailed oriented and possess planning, organizational, and follow-up skills. Must be able to set priorities and be flexible with the ability to change priorities based on urgent business issues. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have ability to work with overseas production facilities.
- Bachelor Degree in Technical Knowledge of sewing and garment construction techniques, required.
- Recent College graduate or 0-1 year of experience in similar environment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents and write comprehensive reports, emails and detailed business correspondence.
- Ability to work with team members, vendors, customers and communicate known concepts. Ability to present ideas.
- Ability to use basic math as required for sizing. Ability to use fractions. Ability to use the logic of advance math as applied to solving technical/production problems.
- Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require ingenuity and analysis. Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
Huntworth Hunting Apparel, Gloves and Headwear