TECHNICAL DESIGNER (Dresses, WTW Sportswear, Plus)
Senior Manager, Technical Design
Interpret Design’s concept into a technical package with complete information regarding garment specifications and construction according to the New York and Company brand standards.
- Conduct fittings on live models to determine fit corrections based on New York and Company brand standards.
- Determine corrections to achieve fit and document in the PDM technical package incorporating technical sketches, garment construction details, grading, labeling requirements, and ticket placement.
- Development of initial sample specifications from original samples and/or design sketch. Establish close partnership with Design in order to facilitate the interpretation of Design concepts.
- Interact with MPR Team on daily and weekly basis to manage the sample approval status in order to maintain company time/action calendars.
- Communicate to all agents/vendors and factories regarding contents of tech pack, corrections to samples and patterns. Interact on daily basis with agents/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering.
- Manage & develop staff of Technical Designer(s) and/or Assistant Technical Designer(s) in all technical, administrative, and work flow skills.
- 3—5 years prior Technical Design , patternmaking or production related experience
- Working knowledge of PDM, Illustrator and strong PC skills
- Patternmaking and garment construction knowledge
- Live model fitting experience
- Ability to work in high volume department and interact with multiple cross-functions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Associate’s degree in apparel production or related subject preferred