More information about this job:
• Assist the category team in setting a fit strategy for the season.
• Develop fit standards within a category or product group and ensure consistency throughout product lines.
• Fit garments with the team and provide direction when the Designer is not available.
• Review and fit samples, and provide fit recommendation and direction.
• Manage fit sessions and working closely with the Design team to understand the creative vision of the line for each season and translate design concepts into 3D product.
• Collaborate with the Designer and category team to interpret and clarify each design concept.
• Provide technical recommendations to design staff in order to create consistency of fit/construction and to help achieve design concepts and category initiatives.
• Represent the Design team as needed in follow-up and decision-making related to aesthetics of assigned styles after each season's prototype review.
• Translate and/or communicate design concept to generate a 2D pattern that incorporates proportional lines, fit requirements and construction feasibility.
• Create and communicate pattern revisions, incorporating styling and fit changes.
Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences or a related field.
• 5+ years of pattern making experience in the apparel industry;
• Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to: pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, embroidery, materials and machinery used in apparel.
• MS Excel and Word experience and experience with pattern CAD/CAM computer is preferred.
• Ability to act as a technical resource and mentor others.
• Pattern making experience, including ability to utilize pattern CAD software.
• Design skills, including drawing, sketching, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation and layout.
• Familiarity with current trends, color and design and the ability to demonstrate a sense of style, creativity and color to work with designer in accomplishing a point of view.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of textile manufacturing and materials development.
• Ability to create a pattern, grade, mark, construct and fit a garment and to write product specs.
• Ability to instruct a manufacturer and make necessary changes to a pattern, construction, or materials in order to ensure and improve manufacturability.
• Understanding of the product creation process and the ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions.