TECHNICAL DESIGNER – Apparel
We are a medium and growing Underwear, Intimates, Robe and Sleepwear company. We have a great celebrity following and sell awesome stores like Urban Outfitters, Hot Topic, Spencer's and ThinkGeek.
Check out our website http://www.underboss.com and our instagram @underbossnyc. The job is very fast paced but in a fun boutique group environment.
We work with the biggest entertainment studio licensors with properties such as The Walking Dead, Harry Potter, DC Comics, Assassin's Creed, Doctor Who, TMNT, Transformers, Pokemon, Naruto...and many more.
Must be a self-starter and take initiative. Must be a team player.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Manage sample development of intimates (bras, panties, corsets, etc.) and sleepwear for both men's and women's divisions
- Develop tech packs based on sketches and/or samples from designers
- Oversee development from 1st proto to TOP samples
- Measure all samples to ensure correct construction and accurate spec measurements
- Manage fit sessions
- Create and communicate all fit comments and answering all factory questions for both domestic and overseas factories
- Work with production department to create and maintain time & action plan and stay on calendar
- Coordinate multiple factories to make sure colors and trims match
- Maintaining organization of samples
- Will be dealing with art/lab dips/fit as it relates to garments.
- Knowing our licenses is not necessary but a huge plus.
- Minimum 2 years of technical design experience in apparel. Intimates and/or License experience a huge plus
- The applicant must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and MS Excel
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the pattern-making process and garment construction
- Experience working with overseas and domestic vendors
- Strong planning skills with a sense of priority for deadlines
- Fast-paced working style, as well as being highly organized and detail oriented and team player.