Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Within EMEA Finance, this role is responsible for supporting the financial close process and reporting the company's financial position and results of operation in accordance with US and Local GAAP, with a focus on indirect tax compliance filings.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the preparation and execution of the financial close in accordance with US GAAP and reconciliation to Local GAAP
- Monthly Balance Sheet analytical review
- Coordination of VAT returns and related VAT compliance for European operations, including extracting and reconciling relevant data, including INTRASTAT filings
- Working with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related compliance filings
- Oversee preparation of the statutory financial statement for the European entities
- Coordinate and manage relationship with External Auditors
- Coordinate statistical requests
- Support accounting projects, business process initiatives and company initiatives
- Professional accounting and tax qualifications preferred (CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CTA), Big 4 experience a plus
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in house with a large multi-national corporation or with a professional services firm that serves multinational corporations. Similar corporate tax experience is highly desirable.
- Experience using financial reporting systems (e.g.JDE, Hyperion, etc) and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract, analyze and reconcile data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A self-starter that has the ability to take ownership of their work and a practical, hands-on attitude.
- Desire and ability to initiate and implement process change.
- Fluent in English, other European languages are a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V