HUGO BOSS is globally renowned as a successful fashion and lifestyle brand. On the one hand, we have our passion for extraordinary design and high expectations regarding fabrics, processing and fitting to thank. On the other hand, we like to encourage our team of almost 13,800 employees to think outside the box. After all, different perspectives enhance creativity and performance and result in products that are sold in 126 countries at over 7,600 sales points around the globe.
The tax accountant prepares direct and indirect tax compliance for HUGO BOSS USA and HUGO BOSS CANADA. This position will report to tax senior manager and work closely with the Accounting, Controlling, Legal and Business departments. The position will be based in New York City, New York
- Indirect/Business Tax Compliance – Responsible for the global compliance requirements related to US property, real estate, and sales & use tax. Manage deadlines and prepare filings
- Income Tax Accounting – responsible for the preparation of accounting for income tax for both US and Canada. Review Fixed Asset postings on a quarterly basis.
- Income Tax Compliance – Support and prepare income tax filings for both Federal and State using OneSource
- Tax Audit and Controversies – support and partner with company personnel to successfully defend filing positions and to negotiate favorable resolutions of proposed deficiencies.
- Preparation and calculation of deferred taxes in cooperation with tax consultants. Contains preparation of quarterly tax-related disclosures required for the group reporting.
- Helps to minimize tax risk and audit internal controls for accuracy, established internal tax memorandums. Monitor changes in tax law and analysis possible impacts on the company’s tax exposure.
- Researches tax-related issues as requested (e.g., tax implications of a new retail location) for US and Canada.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting, CPA a plus
- 2 – 4 years of professional tax and/or accounting experience required, with emphasis on direct and indirect tax compliance
- Knowledge of SAP and OneSource is a plus
- Transfer pricing knowledge is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (particularly excel)
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative, hands-on mentality
- Detail oriented, organized and enthusiastic
- Strong verbal and communication skills as well as project management skills
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
HUGO BOSS offers its employees exceptional working conditions in an international environment. If you are interested in the fashion sector and challenges inspire your ambition, we would like to get to know you.