STORE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
The Store Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing comprehensive and complex analysis of retail operations processes. They will own the development of policies and procedures, tools, reporting, and analytics to drive continuous improvement of store processes, assesses new and existing retail activities to simplify team member tasks, provide a better and more consistent customer experience, and ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the store. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a high level of general business acumen with retail experience, strong analytical skills, project management experience, and outstanding interpersonal skills.
Operational Excellence Accountabilities:
- Business lead between IT, LP, logistics, pricing, marketing, merchant teams and the store fleet
- Lead the implementation of business process improvement initiatives in partnership with business owners and field leadership
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to develop action plans, training, policies, and procedures, which may be associated with store operations and/or impact customer service.
- Delivers key operational process improvements that yield cost savings while ensuring quality, service, and productivity enhancements.
- Suggest, create and test new processes in response to current business needs and SME in creating standard operating procedures
- Researches and introduces best practices in recommendation of strategies to resolve problems.
- Translate financial and operational data into actionable insights for major Store Operations projects.
- Identifies and reviews new opportunities to maximize retail processes, efficiency, and productivity in support of the Store Operations.
- Supports key operational systems with the ability to data mine systems for operational opportunities
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement
Project Management Accountabilities:
- Responsible for developing, leading and managing a detailed project plan and working with functional experts to execute on the plans.
- Track project performance and manages the timely completion and attainment of project deliverables.
- Develops methods, processes, and reports to monitor and sustain results.
- Develop clear, concise store and intra-company communications
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in retail operations with at least 2 years of project management experience
- Experience with retail systems, processes and integration tools
- Retail store experience a plus
Business Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business
- Strong attention to detail and remain organized in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to build solid, cross-functional and cross-project working relationships
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experienced in Excel, Word, Project, Power Point, Access and SharePoint
- Strong analytical skills with experience in creating reports and presentations
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies and process mapping is a plus