STORE MANAGER - Palo Alto, CA
The Store Manager represents the face of the brand in the community, ensures that the highest standards of service excellence are followed, and that all business objectives are exceeded.
- Is an ambassador of the Shinola brand.
- Exhibits pride through positive demeanor, body language and personal.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette through integrity, honesty and respect for others.
- Fosters an inspiring environment for engagement and learning that empowers people to realize their full potential and others to emerge as leaders.
- Embraces diversity and inclusiveness through our people, customer and store environment.
- Acquire, retain and develop the best in class Continuously networks and recruits to build talent.
- Creates effective succession plans and conducts career pathing conversations with high potential employees to build internal bench.
- Assess strengths and opportunities of the team (Management, Sales, Support). Build appropriate development plans and hold the team accountable for exceeding goals (business and individual) by providing immediate ongoing feedback. Build appropriate performance improvement plans if significant opportunities exist.
- Provide immediate “in the moment” feedback to all employees, through active floor presence and engagement with the customers and team.
- Takes a proactive approach to self-development and actively gives/receives feedback through one-on-ones.
- Creates a proactive selling culture that focuses on building long-term relationships through the conversion of walk-in customers into repeat clients.
- Fosters an environment where service excellence values are a top priority through training, one-on-one coaching, modeling appropriate selling behaviors and personal involvement with top clients.
- Solicits feedback from internal / external customers and creates action plans to change negative behaviors or enhance positive ones.
- Awareness and involvement with top clients.
- Ensures consistent presentation standards are met through partnership, planning and communication.
- Invests in team and self to ensure a true passion and respect for the brand.
- Ensures store environments are consistently compelling and shopping experiences are inspirational through brand presentation.
- Proactively assess and report business opportunities to officer partners.
- Execution of initiatives, promotional strategies and programs assuring that they support Shinola’s sales, branding and business.
- Drives local initiatives to build brand awareness, drive business and engage the community.
- Leverage tools and resources to exceed business objectives including but not limited to Annual Performance Review.
Note: Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance and not applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.