SR. TECHNICAL DESIGNER (Dress)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Kasper Group is an apparel industry leader, offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and special occasion dressing needs. Driven by excellence and exceptional talent, The Kasper Group has remained a forerunner in fashion for over 30 years. We are committed to delivering iconic brands (Kasper, Anne Klein, LeSuit), relevant fashions and trusted, quality products to our consumers. So be a part of the exceptional talent! We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Dress Sr. Technical Designer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create style record in PLM; work on garment construction and spec; review garment for the following: Company quality standard, measurement, construction and overall appearance. Based on the pattern and spec sheet analyze problems with measurements, construction and fit; review problem with supervisor and initiate any necessary revisions to the specs or patterns. Create diagrams using Illustrator/Photoshop programs; check/correct patterns if necessary; e-mail Technical packages to the vendors.
- Follow-up on all factory questions on all samples she/he was working on.
- Work with the fabric match, wet processing
- Communicate with other departments within the company (mostly Design and CAD) to insure accurate and on time information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, business or merchandising degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Advance Patternmaking/Draping technique skills
- Sewing skills; ability to work with basic sewing/pressing equipment
- Advanced knowledge of patternmaking, garment construction and fitting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Computer proficiency. Must know: Photoshop; Illustrator; PLM