Sr Systems Engineer
Nine West Holdings, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer in Bristol, PA.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of all Windows server hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This individual provides those technical services required to support the daily operations of all Windows Servers including the operations and support of all ancillary services and systems.
- Administer and support all Windows servers in a large scale, multi-site, 24x7 environment.
- Install new Windows servers or rebuild existing Windows servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, parameter settings, and storage in accordance with existing standards to support project/operational requirements and existing service levels.
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of Windows server standards and the supporting processes/procedures required to deliver highly available and secure Windows servers.
- Able to support and effectively communicate with varying levels of technical personnel including helpdesk staff, application developers, systems engineers, and management.
- Applies broader knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards to work assignments.
- Works on development of new technologies or maintenance of existing technologies. Contributes to milestone completion of projects.
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of core technologies, including, but not limited to, Active Directory, Exchange, Sharepoint, Citrix, and VMWare.
- Proven ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with, mentor, and teach non-senior level personnel in the positions areas of expertise.
- Ensure maximum system availability and performance via the design and implementation of automated monitoring solutions, proactive maintenance, system optimization, upgrades, troubleshooting, and recovery procedures of all Windows servers.
- Ensure that backups are completed on a nightly basis and that systems can be restored from existing backups.
- Perform daily system monitoring while verifying the integrity and availability of all Windows server resources.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures in a timely manner. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Use root cause analysis and knowledge of best practices to ensure high availability and minimize downtime of all Windows servers and resources.
- Monitor system logs and activity on all Windows based servers.
- Provide third tier escalation support for issues and ensures closure and customer satisfaction.
- Represent the best interests of MIS in interactions with other departments.
Work during non-business hours may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.