Nine West Holdings, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Systems
Engineer in Bristol, PA.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the effective
provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and
maintenance of all Windows server hardware, software, and related
infrastructure. This individual provides those technical services
required to support the daily operations of all Windows Servers
including the operations and support of all ancillary services and
- Administer and support all Windows servers in a large scale,
multi-site, 24x7 environment.
- Install new Windows servers or rebuild existing Windows
servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services,
parameter settings, and storage in accordance with existing
standards to support project/operational requirements and
existing service levels.
- Contribute to the development/enhancement of Windows server
standards and the supporting processes/procedures required to
deliver highly available and secure Windows servers.
- Able to support and effectively communicate with varying
levels of technical personnel including helpdesk staff,
application developers, systems engineers, and management.
- Applies broader knowledge of discipline/specialty area
standards to work assignments.
- Works on development of new technologies or maintenance of
existing technologies. Contributes to milestone completion of
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of core technologies,
including, but not limited to, Active Directory, Exchange,
Sharepoint, Citrix, and VMWare.
- Proven ability to produce system documentation, including
writing requirements, operational specifications, system
architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with
attention to detail.
- Ability to work with, mentor, and teach non-senior level
personnel in the positions areas of expertise.
- Ensure maximum system availability and performance via the
design and implementation of automated monitoring solutions,
proactive maintenance, system optimization, upgrades,
troubleshooting, and recovery procedures of all Windows
- Ensure that backups are completed on a nightly basis and that
systems can be restored from existing backups.
- Perform daily system monitoring while verifying the integrity
and availability of all Windows server resources.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and
disk partitions as required.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures in a
timely manner. Coordinate and communicate with impacted
- Use root cause analysis and knowledge of best practices to
ensure high availability and minimize downtime of all Windows
servers and resources.
- Monitor system logs and activity on all Windows based servers.
- Provide third tier escalation support for issues and ensures
closure and customer satisfaction.
- Represent the best interests of MIS in interactions with other
- Work during non-business hours may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.