SR. RETAIL PLANNER
ITOCHU Prominent USA designs and manufactures LeSportsac; men’s and women’s fabrics and finished garments for distribution to wholesalers and retailers. In addition, ITOCHU Prominent USA works with ITOCHU Japan to develop Japanese licensing and distribution programs for American and European fashion brands.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Sr. Retail Planner. Manage OTB for multiple brands; ensure accurate sales, inventory and margin forecasting. Provide reports and analysis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS include the following:
- Create, forecast and manage retailer OTB; lead meetings with sales and management team.
- Create, forecast and manage margin by account.
- Coordinate and lead review of projected VA dollar need at month-end with management.
- Support management in sales planning; monitor bi-monthly backlog reports.
- Evaluate weekly account selling to identify risks and opportunities.
- Develop new reporting and approaches to increase analytical capabilities in forecasting and planning area.
- Prepare reports and analysis regarding seasonal projections, and others.
- Manage and plan merchandise inventory positions and markdown strategies to drive and achieve sales, inventory, profit and turnover objectives.
- Compile and coordinate quarterly reports
- Analyze and make recommendations based on retailer selling reports.
- Identify and communicate potential inventory liabilities. Develop and execution action plans to reduce liabilities and increase opportunities.
- Participate in market appointments as needed,
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration.
- 5+ years’ experience in a retail planning or buying position.
- Knowledge of the key retailer's best practices, their vendor web portals and data availability.
- Excellent retail math skill; strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities across multiple brands.
- Excellent communication skills.
ITOCHU Prominent USA LLC offers a competitive compensation package. Please send a cover letter with salary requirements plus a resume.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please. ITOCHU Prominent USA LLC is an equal opportunity employer.