Sr. Product Apparel Manager, Apparel
Wilson is the brand behind more winning moments in sports every day than any other brand in the world. We have been at the heart of sports history for a century, and no other company has been as influential and intimately involved in shaping the games of tennis, golf, baseball and American football as Wilson.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Product Development Manager, Apparel, who will define and manage strategic actions related to product development in line with business unit targets and priorities for the Wilson brands.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive product development strategies and manage product development calendar
- Contribute to the product creation process (I2P) by bringing product, material, manufacturing and sourcing expertise to the development process.
- Manage and research new technologies and materials to drive innovation.
- Relentlessly seek improvement solutions for more efficient product creation.
- Oversee all lab and technical testing functions.
- Control product FOB and provide solutions to reach targets; drive final negotiation at style level with vendors.
This role requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Science, Textile Management, Textile Engineering or similar area. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 8 years of strong experience in material development or product development with preference for material and trend experience.
Other qualifications include:
- Expertise in apparel product development and material development
- Strong knowledge of the apparel industry and product/textile technology
- Strategic mindset with the ability to anticipate future trends and translate them into action
- Solid organizational skills, analytical ability, and planning ability
- Understanding and application of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Track record of meeting and achieving goals successfully
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively at all levels of a global matrix organization
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Encourages diverse thinking to promote innovation within the business unit
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 10-15% domestically and internationally
This position is located at Wilson’s Global Headquarters in Chicago, home of the Bears, Cubs, Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls. Wilson employees enjoy a casual work environment, great health and retirement benefits, free health club membership, a fun break area with ping pong and pool table, and a lot of healthy competition during big sporting events like the Super Bowl, March Madness, the World Series and the Stanley Cup.