SR MANAGER, TALENT DEVELOPMENT
The Senior Manager, Talent Development has primary accountability in driving organizational performance through the development of talent. The Senior Manager is responsible for the needs analysis, recommendation and delivery of various programs and learning activities targeted to the development of a high performance culture and a strong leadership bench for the company. Areas of emphasis include leadership development, business critical competency development, succession and talent planning, individual development planning, LMS administration and assessments.
- Leadership Development: Design and deliver leadership development activities in support of Lands’ End’s leadership expectations. Serve as a resource for facilitation, leadership training, coaching, and consulting to build readiness in the leadership talent pipeline.
- Business Critical Competency Development: Determine key competency gaps as they relate to the LE strategic direction and collaborate with business leaders and HR business partners to identify strategies to close those gaps. Use the competency model to design career paths as a component of an overarching career management strategy.
- Succession and Talent Planning: Design and manage a succession and talent planning framework, which includes a schedule of activities, tools and resources that enable leaders to conduct effective talent review and calibration sessions, and assist in creating action plans to mobilize talent across the company to address critical talent gaps.
- IDP Support: Create tools and resources to support the creation and execution of individual development plans that enhance individual, team, and organizational performance aligned with business priorities and support individual career growth.
- LMS Administration: Oversee the company’s global LMS ensuring the system is fully utilizing and delivering maximum value to learners and the organization.
- Assessments: Identify and manage assessment processes, to include 360 degree assessments, to provide on-going timely and actionable feedback for leaders at all levels.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a talent development role with demonstrated success in developing and executing global talent development processes and strategies, including leadership development, competency development and management, performance management, succession and talent planning, and career management
- Strong presentation skills, with a demonstrated level of comfort in presenting to senior management
- Ability to translate business strategy into talent development practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects while managing deadlines
- Must have an established history of displaying a high sense of urgency, a business results focus, and have a demonstrated strong employee and customer orientation
- Ability to establish key relationships with business partners to ensure that development is relevant to business growth and organizational direction
- Ability to lead project teams, keep decision makers on track and within a defined project scope and deliver desired outcomes
- Demonstrated success with problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and tactical level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong internal consulting skills
- High level of initiative with a positive, “can do,” attitude
- Open to feedback and willing to strive to improve own performance based on feedback
A Bachelors degree is required, and preferably a Masters degree in Organizational Behavior, Education, Training and Development, or MBA
Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: Guaranteed. Period.® Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home. With over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer and is recognized as an innovator in the industry. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).