SR DEMAND PLANNER (ECOMMERCE)
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
Luxottica’s Wholesale teams deliver the highest quality frames, best-in-class expertise and a deep understanding of products and markets to support our customers and fuel their businesses all over North America.
The Sr. Planner operates globally across all designated product categories. The Sr. Planner is responsible for all the demand planning activities associated with NA eCommerce channel: analysis, validation, data entry, monitoring and review. The Sr. Planner defines and creates reporting standards that combine customer experience data with inventory and sales metrics for a holistic review of the opportunities for eCommerce. Serves as the integration point between the production and the commercial organization (Merchandising team & Sales team). The Sr. Planner manages different brands (e.g. Oakley, Ray-Ban) and different product categories (eyewear, apparel, accessories).
The Sr. Planner also improves current processes and creates new planning flows and procedures for dedicated and exclusive eCommerce projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and maintains sku level demand plans to be used in procuring the needed inventory flow from manufacturing; measures performance of forecasting accuracy.
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure adequate supply maximizing service level as well as identifying risk from excess inventory. Identifies trends at the sku level through ABC analysis, point-of-sale data and account usage reports.
- Creates and provides projections, analysis and direction of forecasts to maximize decision making ability.
- Conducts and provides analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) among product lines and accounts.
- Monitors, identifies and coordinates other internal and external inventory locations to improve supply efficiency and order fill rate.
- Fosters consensus and collaboration in the planning process through working with the Sales, Product, Marketing and Corporate Planning teams.
- Monitors sales trends and evaluates forecast through analysis of key performance indicators (KPI), preparing reports and sharing the results with the central planning and the eCommerce corporate team.
- Manages multiple activities related to purchasing, tracking and supporting online promotions based on anticipated lifts.
- Partners in the development of inventory management metrics and supply chain initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Creates standard and non-standard reporting for projects and leaders based on data.
- Transforms data into actionable, easy-to-read output to drive business decisions, insights and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on quantitative skills in Retail, Supply Chain Management or Finance
- 3+ years’ work experience in Planning, Allocation, or strategy consulting
- Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through skills
- Outstanding analytical skills with demonstrated success organizing, analyzing and accurately interpreting large amounts of data
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Solid Understanding of Allocation Strategies
- Superior time management and organizational abilities via calendar/task planning to reach deadlines
- An excellent knowledge of all the planning systems and associated technologies (DPM and 7th Online)
- An ability to work under pressure and changing environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound, informed decisions particularly under time pressure and non-routine situations
- Business knowledge of retail and merchandising concepts
- Previous eCommerce planning experience
- Previous experience in a fashion industry