Senior Technical Designer - Handbags & SLGs
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
The Technical Designer will support the design process and ensure the creative intention is carried out through PD handoff. The Technical Designer is responsible for partnering with Outlet Design and ensuring that the creative vision is maintained through commercial development.
- Support the creative design process post sketch review through PD handoff by executing and updating detailed tech packs and sample review forms
- Support the sample development process and ensure seasonal deadlines are met
- Facilitate sample reviews with design, merchandising, and production partners
- Execute design intent into bulk production while maintaining high quality standards
- Collaborate and develop close working relationships with design, r&d, merchandising, production, sourcing offices and vendors to ensure the quality, delivery and business practices are achieved and upheld
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Support spec, construction and fit intent on all samples
- Perform other duties as required
- Support design with handbag, small leather goods, and key fob categories
- Manages all hardware development
- Bachelor's degree in fashion - apparel/textile design, manufacturing, product development, merchandising, or a related field
- Prior experience in a creative handbag or slg design capacity
- 7+ years work experience technical design and full knowledge of total production timeline
- Thorough understanding of the design & development process from inception through production.
- Expert knowledge of industry construction standards and manufacturing, including hardware development
- Strong design, prototyping, and research skills
- Attention to detail, initiative, organization and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and the ability to effectively influence
- Strong computer knowledge, including microsoft excel, adobe illustrator and photoshop
- Organized, accurate and articulate
Strong sketching ability and comprehensive understanding of adobe illustrator
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran