SENIOR TECHNICAL DESIGNER - DRESSES
A major dress company is seeking a Senior Technical Designer Dresses Woven and Knits.
- Actively monitor staff workload and priorities making sure staff is appropriately scheduled and maximized to meet deadlines.
- Conduct fittings on live models to determine fit corrections- Live fitting experience required.
- Ability to construct tech packs for both woven and full fashion knits with technical specs and communicate contents with factories.
- Responsible for ensuring team completion of accurate technical packages and ensuring they are sent to overseas factories on time.
- Oversee and mentor pattern makers during fittings to approve final fit to ensure fit consistency.
- Facilitate on-going communication with factories and respond to any technical questions.
- Communicate with factories to follow up on e-mails with regard to all corrections to patterns and samples (both PPS & TOP) and document the fit results with specs, diagrams, photos and review of patterns for fit and construction.
- Knowledge of grading, construction standards, fabrications and manufacturing methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @jessilyninc for employment opportunities and industry and company news and events.