SENIOR MICROSTRATEGY DEVELOPER
Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics
New York & Company – Information Technology
Individual contributor responsible for working with users to understand reporting needs, create functional and technical design of requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop, test, and implement requirements in MicroStrategy. This position will require heavy user contact for support and design of MicroStrategy projects, reports, and dashboards. Must be able to work well both independently and with the MicroStrategy & Data Warehouse team.
- Analysis of business and user reporting needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into functional and technical requirement specifications.
- Evaluate BI industry best practices when designing BI solutions for business.
- Support, design, build and test MicroStrategy projects, reports, and dashboards.
- Plan and execute MicroStrategy upgrades.
- Performance tuning of reports, both new and existing.
- Work closely with DBA’s to conduct any data model, data profiling, or database design & development changes required to support BI projects.
- Contribute to framing and execution of the analytics roadmap.
- Operate as first line of communication to users to troubleshoot and solve reporting problems and requests. Escalate issues appropriately when they cannot be resolved within team.
- Participate in after-hours support rotation.
- 3-5 years MicroStrategy technical experience,
- MicroStrategy Version 9x or above – including Desktop, Web, Report Services, Narrowcast Server, OLAP Services, Administrator, Intelligence Server, Command Manager, and Enterprise Manager.
- Deep understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats.
- MicroStrategy certified is preferred.
- Experience with retail environment is strongly preferred.
- Strong administration, modeling, report/dashboard design, development, testing, and migration techniques and experience.
- Experience with query optimization strategies for building reports.
- Understands system usage and potential bottlenecks.
- SQL savvy
- Development experience with relational databases such as Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL Server.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent course work/job experience
- Excellent data management and problem solving skills
- Advanced research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking skills & attention to detail
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistent delivery of results