Responsible for the overall direction and performance of
merchandising categories or departments. Partner with
Planning and Design to develop a line that represents the
Brand and is aligned with the Seasonal Merchandise Strategy.
• Drive business through early planning and strategy
• Develop line plan to achieve or exceed financial goals.
• Work with Merchandise Planning to select key items and
develop a seasonal plan that utilizes historical
performance and current business data.
• Manage in-season business by analyzing sales information in
order to identify opportunities to increase sales and
• Focuses on developing customer intimacy skills through
regular store visits and competitive shopping; applies
findings to buy plan and execution strategies.
• Conduct patterning activities in order to understand the
competition; shop and conduct regular scans of benchmark
competitors to identify opportunities and challenges for
in-season business and future season line planning.
• Stay abreast on current fashion trends; share customer and
market perspective with internal customers on a regular
• Communicate competitive data to the organization to
recommend “first in market” changes and ways to increase
sales and profit results.
• Excel at interpersonal communication with all levels of the
• Collaborate with Manufacturing on vendor resource, calendar
and costing strategies to facilitate production planning.
Act as a customer representative to report on quality, fit
and construction issues.
• Provide Marketing and Stores with product knowledge and
serve as an informational resource.
• Demonstrates strong leadership.
• Foster a team environment in which information flows freely
and decision making is based on a win-win philosophy; work
towards desired outcomes by leveraging resources to achieve
common organizational goals.
• Associate and/or Assistant Merchant
• 8 - 10 years of related work experience in Merchandising/Buying
• Acute sense of brand and customer intimacy
• High taste level with proven talent to envision and interpret fashion trends
• Strategic and analytical thinker with intellectual agility
• Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
• Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Proficient in conflict management and problem-solving
• Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships
• Multi-functional with excellent organizational skills