Senior Manager - Visual Merchandising (International, Travel Retail & Latin America)
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
- To create a unique, impactful, and immersive shopping experience encompassing the iconic kate spade new york lifestyle and brand, while driving top line results and profitability. This role is responsible for instilling brand consistency and standards across channel through coaching, training, and development of all store teams, visual field teams and corporate partners to ensure flawless execution. This person is also the ambassador and communicator of global brand messaging, concepts, and initiatives.
- Train and supervise visual merchandising initiatives in all specialty/outlet/wholesale points of sale -
Travel Retail & Latin America
- Analyze and review sales performance of in-store configurations, fixtures, and displays in order to drive sales and margin, through market travel and monthly photo critique process.
- Be the brand gatekeeper, ensuring that the image and aesthetic of the company is projected at all times utilizing merchandise presentations, interior displays, and mannequin styling.
- Train, develop, coach, and management of partnered Visual Merchandising talent.
- Consistently conceptualize new and creative in store merchandising ideas to drive out-of-the-box thinking –
- leading all VM related initiatives for Travel Retail (TOC fixture development, zoning strategies, capacity counts, and helping to establish assortment strategies with market management/merchandising)
- supporting the ROW/international assortment and presentation strategies
- leading the presentation initiatives of all licensed categories: drive vm market calendar, engage market management and licensed groups for assortment strategies, compile necessary documentation and direction
- Partner with RESD and buying teams to continually evolve the in-store experience while showcasing new product categories in innovative and compelling ways, as well as conceptualizing and overseeing implementation of new and/or updated POS fixtures.
- Own opening process for regions: Knowledge of opening schedules and needs, ensuring VM elements are secured and ordered in a timely fashion, mapping opening assortments, providing on ground support when needed, and timely follow up on execution.
- Develop and manage ongoing communication between the market management teams, local teams, and corporate visual management to ensure stores have adequate visual resources and support to meet the company standards.
- Identification and follow up of preventative store deficiencies and visual needs (fixturing, creative canvas elements, and general upkeep)
- Partner with merchandising and market management, to map and merchandise all seasonal market presentations and showrooms. (outlet)
- Partner with local teams to map, merchandise, and develop the monthly floor set documents and any refreshes/updates associated with floorsets and window changes.
- Execute focused visual training workshops and exercises using ksny standards and training tools to educate partnered businesses and ensure consistent execution.
- Conduct meaningful store visits to ensure that management and visual teams are adhering to visual standards, maximizing floor space, and maintaining consistent product presentations.
- Attend and participate in all relevant business meetings to track, analyze, and react to business, ensuring channel exceeds financial goals.
- Cultivate strong working partnerships and collaborate within the organization - both local teams and corporate office.
- Ability to recruit, interview, onboard and train new visual talent.
- Mobilize support for new store openings, relocations, and renovations while partnering with NSO manager and operations department to ensure all visual elements, product, and store design elements are displayed to standard.
- Partner with and mobilize with peer group to create cross-departmental processes, feedback and synergy.
skills and abilities required:
- 7-10 years of Visual Merchandising experience
- 3-5 years management and/or corporate experience
- Strong merchandise presentation skills that can support high volume and flagship stores.
- Capacity to identify challenges and develop solutions to visual merchandising opportunities.
- Strong strategic planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize to deadlines.
- Detail oriented with an entrepreneurial disposition.
- High level leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively and graciously with all levels within the organization, including strength in presentation skills.
- Comfortable and confident in making effective and autonomous decisions in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of the latest fashion, environmental, and interior trends.
- Ability to manage all personal/team travel, entertainment budgets, and calendars.
- Proficient in: Microsoft word, excel, and outlook – Adobe Creative Suites
- Flexibility to work on off peak hours including weekends and overnights.
- Able to safely lift/move 50 lbs.
- Comfortable with heights and climbing ladders.
- Able to stand and stretch for extended periods of time.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Able to travel using various forms of transportation such as airplanes, trains, and buses.
- Posses a drivers license and have the ability to drive to store locations.
- Posses a valid passport for international travel.
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran