REPORTS TO: Director, Sourcing
BUSINESS/LOCATION: New York & Company- Production and Sourcing
Negotiate and place overseas orders based on merchant and design product packages. Work closely with merchants and agents/vendors to receive timely initial quotations and accurate pre-production samples for all meetings. Responsible for all product tracking beyond order placement including ongoing follow-up negotiating and confirming price, color approvals, samples, spec packets, production delivery.
• Build and maintain strong vendor matrix by creating strategic vendor alliances and partnering with agents
• Create and maintain separate matrix for quick turn buys
• Maintain ongoing close communication with merchants, design and technical design department
• Ongoing overview and understanding of quota situations, labor issues/labor rates and fabric costs
• Monitor and maintain strict Product Development time-lines with cross functional partners
• Manage and develop support staff (Product Coordinators) for product tracking
• Responsible for timely receipt of counter-samples and initial quotations for Coordination Meetings
• Work closely with piece-goods sourcing department and their mills to facilitate hand-off for final buy
• Maintain semi-annual projections for planned regions of future activity
• Insure consistency of product regarding quality, on-time delivery and vendor base.
• 8 years of experience in Sourcing/Product Development/Production in Woven and Knit categories.
• Minimum of 2 years experience managing direct reports.
• Strong understanding of costing, trims, fabric, duty, freight, etc.
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Knowledge of Web PDM systems
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to build cross functional partnerships