Senior Manager, Customer Analytics
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Senior Manager, Customer Analytics
Department: Global Analytics
Reports to: VP, Global Analytics
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Manager of Customer Analytics is part of the Global Analytics team with responsibility for uncovering customer insights that enable the development of strategies that drive customer engagement and enhance the customer experience for Michael Kors’ global business. You will partner with business leaders to turn those insights into action. This position is a key member of the analytics team responsible for defining and executing our approach to understanding customer behavior of existing and prospective customers, and perform dive-deep analyses into key business opportunities and issues. The Senior Manager of Customer Analytics will lead a team of analysts who serve as the internal “voice of the customer” by capturing, analyzing and sharing actionable insights with key stakeholders that support our overall business objectives.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivers compelling customer insights and clear recommendations that materially improve the ability to achieve short and long term goals.
- Introduces innovations that enable us to understand our customers better, and more efficiently.
- Lead the development and management of all CRM database marketing analytics, including but not limited to: client profiling, segmentation & trending, LTV modeling, survey universe identification. Partner with internal stakeholders to develop relevant strategic customer reporting and KPI’s and manage preparation and distribution of same.
- Collaborate and build relationships with leaders, business partners and peers to offer direction on analytical approach & methodologies, insight development and best practices as the global customer insights & analytics Center of Excellence.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of data and insights. Liaise with analytical counterparts to share best practices and provide single view of customer.
- Manage Vendor partners including SOWs and day to day work.
- With IT, manage CRM customer database, including hygiene, auditing for accuracy & integration of new data elements supporting new marketing initiatives (online browsing behavior, data overlays, etc.)
- Supervising 3 - 5 direct reports.
Customer Insights Mindset:
- Desire to use data and analytics to bring to life customer perspectives and opportunities that are actionable for marketers.
- Have a passion for understanding the customer and driving improved customer experiences with Michael Kors.
Data Analytics Skill Set:
- Strong understanding of analytics, including segmentation and predictive modeling, working with consumer data.
- Skilled at articulating a business problem and context, defining analysis objectives & plan, and providing simple & compelling business recommendations.
- Understands how to leverage different internal and external sources of customer data.
- Possesses strong presentation skills.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, effectively across multiple levels within the organization.
- Story telling with data is essential.
- Entrepreneurial; ability to drive forward with goals independently
- Demonstrates positive behaviors; helps create a great culture, builds strong relationships and collaborates with business partners.
- Manages multiple priorities well. Understands what’s most important, and gets it done quickly within the resources available.
- Superior project management and organizational skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Data Science or comparable. Master’s degree a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience in analytics, research, and/or data science
- Experience working with external vendors and at least partially managing those relationships
- Strong proficiency with statistical software required (R, Python preferred)
- Understanding of relational consumer databases
- Experience in multi-channel retail marketing preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V