Senior Manager, Color & Print Production
About Ann Taylor:
At Ann Taylor, we see beauty in a woman’s real life. From simple pleasures to more momentous occasions, the life she lives offers far more allure than any fantasy. She cultivates it with careful thought and curiosity, choosing only what feels right and rings true. She has the courage to know who she is. And she knows we know her too. Along the way, we’ve been a constant source of inspiration and style, helping her look and feel her best at every moment. It’s something we try to do with everything we create: elevate her everyday, every day.
We give her a wardrobe of possibilities.
Endless style options. Versatility for big days and every-days.
We give her quality that sets us apart.
It’s in the details. We take a curated approach and a sharp eye to everything we do. It’s about thoughtful choices that make great pieces forever pieces. Because the details are not just the details. They are the design.
We give her perfect pieces.
The elements of an enduring wardrobe. Clothes she can’t live without. Timeless. Infinitely wearable. She knows she’ll always find them here.
About the Position:
The Sr. Manager, Color & Print Production embodies the Values & Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, embracing diversity in all facets of the position, and representing a hunger for knowledge and responsibility. Responsible for all color and print production for Ann Taylor.
• Own and lead execution of Print Production and Color for the entire function
• Review concept art with team to callout production issues
• Review "art to fabric" selections with teams and callout any production issues
• Partner with CAD team, design and mill on placement prints (design's intent/measurements, fabric limitations, concept's approval of changes to art)
• Oversee handoff art to CAD for any art needing final production: repeat/cleaning/rework and review all final art for mistakes/glitches
• Manage the development of all print charts for the entire team
• Work with Fabric R&D team to initiate production-ready CADs based on Concept's art and quality's limitations
• Receive s/y cuttings and review for any issues needing correction before POV
• Oversee print, novelty and solid fabrics for line building meetings
• Shop the market and visit fabric stores for inspiration swatches
• Oversee development of color boards for key leadership presentations and meetings
• Partner with corporate team to turn inspiration into orderable standards
• Rematch in CAD based on actual standard landed (as needed)
• Oversee development of cutting boards for Design leadership to color the line with
• Oversee development of design palettes for Design by category and Fabric R&D
• Attend Category Reviews and react to any callouts from CEO or leadership
• Attend CFT meetings to align with partners on all stages of production
• Receive adoption info post-line building from the Merchants
• Communicate print holes to SR CAD Manager
• Review and comment on strikeoffs in time to maintain Color Assortment dates
• Manage priority of prints and execution tolerances when timing is an issue
• Comment on any prints developed by 3rd party vendors
• Manage team on preparing print boards for POV
• Partner with merchandising throughout the line building process for any additional needs and receive final color run once line is confirmed
• Field changes or new needs post-POV that occur outside of high level meetings
• Communicate post-POV color updates to Design/Merch/Product Development/Color teams
• Constantly reevaluate the process to ensure an efficient workflow and confirm the information provided is up-to-date at all times
• Ensures growth and learning of the individuals on the creative team; providing real time feedback and coaching
• Inspires creative collaboration across the organization and builds a high-energy culture of performance
• 7-10 year’s experience as a Textile Designer or Print Stylist
• Bachelors or Associates Degree, or equivalent, in Textile Design
• Creative and innovative design ability tailored to Ann Taylor brand and the client
• Strong fashion, color and print sense
• Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments and divisions
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Highly organized and can prioritize to meet deadlines
• Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team
• A strong ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams
• Good change agility
• Provides timely solutions to new printing problems
• Ability to process general information (i.e., business meetings) and relate to big picture
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Application