SENIOR GRAPHIC ARTIST
The Senior Graphic Artist collaboratively manages the graphics component of the seasonal design development process by managing and executing the creation and production of the design and layout of original, trend-appropriate graphics concepts for all design needs, including prints/ patterns, garments, logos, illustrations, tags and labels. This person will handle tee-shirt and graphic programs from concept to production.
Strategy & Innovation
- Research and identify graphics trend directions in collaboration with Design Directors; manage development of themes and concepts; oversee creation of presentation boards for meetings and mock-ups.
- Monitor new trends, techniques, treatments and resources in graphic design and production.
Operations & Results
- Oversee and execute compelling graphic deliverables for garments, logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels; oversee creation of camera-ready art; review and approve color separations; coordinate with Design Directors to incorporate graphics into line.
- Serve as technical and artistic resource and provide expert knowledge on graphics aesthetics, processes, production methods and treatments for design team, merchants and production; oversee reference library.
Customers & Relationships
- Oversee follow-up with internal partners in design and production; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and manufacturers; manage existing relationships and develop relationships with new suppliers, vendors and business partners to monitor trends, leverage new resources and implement most current processes.
- Partner with the Law Department to ensure that graphics/designs do not infringe on intellectual property rights and register new rights where necessary.
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
- Attract, develop and retain talent.
Skills and Requirements
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative.
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for graphics and fonts; strong ability to sketch.
- Knowledge in print/pattern including creating/building repeats, sizing/set-up, terminology to communicate with printers, etc.
- Expert knowledge of traditional and web-based graphic production techniques, including color separations, camera-ready art, heat transfers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 5 - 8 years experience in graphic design; significant relevant experience in category. Street wear sensibility as well as updated modern hand.
- Expert in Adobe products and Mac computers; highly proficient in Microsoft Office.