SENIOR DIRECTOR, MERCHANDISE PLANNING & ALLOCATION
EVP, Merchandise Planning & Allocation – Outlets
New York & Company, Outlet Division
This position is responsible for developing and leading the execution of Outlet brand merchandise financial plans including sales, product margin, receipts, and inventory. The Senior Director develops and drives strategies to maximize sales, profit and optimize inventory with cross-functional teams; serving as the key liaison between Marketing, Finance, Merchants, Store Operations, and Sourcing to mitigate risks and deliver sustainable profitable growth. This position is responsible for leading the seasonal merchandise planning process which requires analyzing current business trend, market data, historical data, and recommending strategies, course corrections and improvements based on these assessments. The Senior Director is responsible for coaching and managing the career development of the P&A team.
- Serve as a key leader of the Outlet leadership team to drive and deliver sustainable, profitable growth for the Division.
- Develop, execute, and communicate financial divisional plans, merchandise plans, and strategies to support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives. Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory and store turn goals and minimize excess inventory. Implement process redesign, rigor and discipline around planning, inventory buying, inventory management and tracking, and store allocations.
- Responsible for pre-season forecast and in season management of planning forecasts, all on order, and receipt flow to ensure that available inventory meets open to buy strategy and maximizes cash flow and inventory utilization.
- Monitor, analyze, and guide all pre and in season buys. Manage, lead, optimize and enhance the Open-to-Buy process across channels to drive efficiency of inventory and overall business performance.
- Capitalize on allocation, inventory, and margin opportunities across all stores: optimize product at the right time, the right place, and the highest margin.
- Define, direct, and manage promotional calendar for Outlet.
- Develop and drive proper structure and processes with planning & allocations to maximize team productivity and results.
- Financial and thought partner to Merchandising in creating strategic plans for product categories.
- Responsible for delivering assortment plans consistent with merchandise strategies.
- Responsible for development of key performance indicators, communication of financial results, forecasts and action plans to the business on a weekly basis.
- Oversee the development of analysis, and revision of category plans for sales, margin realization, and inventory.
- Oversee and approve plans related to merchandise selection, distribution and exit of businesses.
- Build, cultivate and lead high performing, engaged, and winning Planning & Allocation organization.
- 7-10 years of prior experience in retail planning & allocation.
- Strong leadership skills, executive presence and acumen.
- Strong analytical skills paired with strategic business acumen and flexible out of the box thinking.
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial. Ability to both lead and work in the details.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate with and influence peers, members of a cross-functional team and senior management. Ability to formally present business strategies and action plans.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- JDA Enterprise Planning & Allocation knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in MicroStrategy or data warehouse systems