Senior Digital Designer
Michael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.
If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
The Senior Designer works directly with the Art Director on a wide variety of image campaigns, branding, packaging, and design projects.
Daily responsibilities will include executing and collaborating on global advertising campaigns, digital and print seasonal campaigns, packaging, logo and identity design, in-store signage, OOH applications, and the creation of campaign and brand guidelines.
Candidates should be passionate about the fashion space as well as have a keen eye for photography, design, typography, and be familiar with current design trends and best practices for both print and digital. Flexibility and an interested in creative collaboration between multidisciplinary teams will be essential to help support the brand’s creation of innovative multi-tiered campaigns. Critical thinking, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills will be required.
- Report to Art Director and partner on all projects from concept to post-production
- Concept and execute design and branding elements including but not limited to global advertising campaigns, in-store signage, OOH applications, packaging, logo/identity design, seasonal campaigns.
- Partner with Licensees on various collateral and guidelines to help enforce brand standards, elevate designs and aid in retouching mark-ups
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, and easy to understand
- Contribute to the evolution of the brand image
- Assist in managing design team, including daily workload and individual development. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, and all marketing requirements are completed on time, with the highest standards, for both internal and external reviews. Assist in recommending process improvements and help document for the team.
- Communicate overall vision on projects with members of the Executive, Creative, Marketing, Ecommerce and Merchandising teams
- Minimum 5-6 years in a fashion or luxury agency or in-house environment
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Must have an excellent eye for typography, layout, and branding
- Proficiency with Adobe CC
- Experience working on holistic campaigns spanning print, digital, and social
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to own multiple phases of a project with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to brainstorm and develop creative concepts that combine branding and commerce.
- Discerning, brand-sensitive eye for art direction, photo editing, cropping, and retouching.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Responsive web design a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V