The Designer is responsible for creating original concepts that encompass style, color and fabric as a result of interpreting fashion trends. Produces design sketches and makes seasonal presentations of proposed designs. Primary role is to work within the line plan to design merchandise that is consistent with the brand strategy and which coordinates with the presentation of other designers within a merchandise category or theme.
• Guided by the SVP of Design’s seasonal concepts as inspiration, identify and develop key colors, fabrications, silhouettes and trims for development of the complete concept for the season and adapt it appropriately to the individual merchandise areas to which he or she is assigned.
• Partner with production, materials development, and sourcing to design merchandise that fits within the costing parameters and target customer profile of the brand strategy.
• Create designs based on merchants’ line plan and incorporate feedback for finalization.
• Review the line plan with the merchants and agree on overall direction and content of the line for a season.
• 10-15 years experience
• Highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Excellent design and sketching skills; Strong fashion and creative senses; keen trend awareness.
• Proven track record in a Woven Tops design position in a comparable retail or manufacturing environment
• Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
• Strong presentation skills and an ability to work well within a team-based collaborative environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Design field.