Nautica is seeking a Senior Designer for our Nautica Women's Woven business. Individual is responsible for part of the design process with a focus on woven, to include conceptual direction, trends, fabrications, styling, trims, technical renderings/spec sheets while adhering to design/development calendar. Designs and develops styles for specific classifications and genders from initial concepts through pre-production to achieve accurate delivery while establishing superior fits and construction.
1. Designs key items to fit into the seasonal concepts and color palettes.
2. Researches emerging trends and styles to formulate strategies for projected lines: Provides innovative designs and concepts to strengthen the brand image and maintain competitive edge
3. Selection of fabrication under cost parameters; develop washes and wet processing treatments
4. Draw accurate flat sketches as well as detailed sketches for technical packages.
5. Collaborates with technical designer to create specs for each style.
6. Troubleshoots product development related problems to maintain on time delivery of showroom samples.
7. Attends fit meetings and communicates detailed comments on fit and construction to technical design team