Senior Designer - Athleisure
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the design team to create and develop product design specializing in Athleisure. The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual who welcomes the opportunity to work on a highly collaborative team and embrace change as the brand grows and develops into this new category.
- The designer owns the entire design process for Athleisure from initial inspiration to final prototype, and is fully responsible for the entire product life-cycle including market trend research, inspiration, hand sketching, computer flat sketching, tech packs, garment specifications, fit, and ensuring that product is designed to meet target customer's fit criteria
- create and execute on the vision of the Design Director, ensuring that the product is consistent with market trends, while maintaining the brand identity and overall business strategy.
- must have strong knowledge and understanding of the kate spade product and client, with a keen ability to make decisions and implement strategy based on new information and evolving trends.
- responsible for the athleisure style in the apparel assortment, but work closely with other members of the apparel design team to ensure a cohesive balanced product line is realized; provide recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line.
- provide direction and be knowledgeable of color ways, fabric, and trim direction selection
- build strong relationships with the merchandising team to define seasonal framework and ensure that creative ideas and business goals are aligned
- partner with the product development team and research & development teams to establish a full working range of raw materials and finishes specific to athleisure; partner with production in achieving desired outcome.
- possess strong knowledge of garment construction and conduct fit sessions to help solve all problems that may occur during proto sample stage; responsible for final approval of sample fit to ensure production-ready market samples
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field required.
- 7-10 years related design experience across multiple brands. Specific Athleisure experience a must.
- In depth understanding of kate spade brand and ability to translate it into commercial product
- Thorough knowledge of athleisure silhouettes, fabrication, construction techniques, and trim.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Adheres to time-lines and provides solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to design around concept direction
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran