Under the direction of the General Manager or Assistant General Manager of Merchandising, the Selling Manager is responsible for driving sales through developing the selling skills and behaviors of the selling associates, creating a high performance team and consistently coaching for optimal sales results. The Selling Manager must maintain high visibility on the selling floor to model focused sales and service behaviors, establish and maintain client relationships and create effective teamwork. The successful candidate understands that in order to ensure the success of the team, performance issues must be managed effectively, counseling out poor performers while proactively recruiting to fill open positions. The Selling Manager takes an active role in the training and ongoing education of the selling team, providing product knowledge training, event information, policy and procedure updates, etc, as well as ensuring that merchandise opportunities are appropriately communicated to the merchant organization in order to support the selling effort.
Selling and Service Leadership
• Maintains a strong floor presence to drive selling efforts, modeling service behaviors to reinforce the service imperative and ensure consistent adherence to the service standards.
• Actively seeks input from customers to ensure consistent adherence to service standards.
• Acts as leader and motivator to the sales team by modeling, training, coaching and rewarding selling behaviors.
• Works with associates to leverage available technology to strategically deliver sales.
• Maintains focus on driving sales, setting work pace and delivering on store goals.
• Assembles a strong team that demonstrates consistent sales focus and sales oriented behaviors.
• Facilitates staff training and development by accurately assessing developmental needs, using the principles of SLII Leadership.
• Provides consistent coaching to ensure continuous improvement to the selling skills of the team and recognizes and rewards effective selling and service behaviors
• Manage substandard performance effectively, counseling poor performers out to improve the team.
• Communicates merchandising opportunities, provides ongoing education to the selling team to increase product knowledge.
• Focuses on client acquisition and retention, oversees associate marketing outreach efforts to develop client events that provide opportunities to build relationships with clients and generate sales volume and repeat business.
Selling Floor Operations
• Provides a comfortable and welcoming shopping environment for the client by ensuring the ongoing maintenance of the SCD, selling floor, fitting rooms and customer areas, filling in merchandise and recovering the floor as needed.
• 4 year degree preferred.
• Must be goal oriented, with a demonstrated ability to develop, manage and motivate a sales team while driving company initiatives.
• Proficiency in utilizing available technology, Word, Excel etc is required. Must be flexible in scheduling as the business needs require evening weekend and holiday schedules.
• 3+ years of management experience with comparable volume or a proven track record of success managing a selling workforce and achieving results.