SEAMSTRESS / SEWER / REPAIR TECHNICIAN - Leather
High end luxury accessory house is presently looking for a seamstress/repair technician to work on leather handbags and small leather goods.
This opportunity is presently located in New Jersey.
Must know how to drive.
- Performs repairs on corners, flaps, zippers or straps as indicated on repair form sent by the Boutiques by sewing multiple fabrications.
- Upon training, performs inspections of all merchandise to determine authenticity and perform quality checks to determine what is repairable, what is not repairable, what is non- authentic and what harbors a potential quality issue.
- Removes worn or damaged parts using hand tools as appropriate.
- Make sure the repair is done to meet company standards.
- At least two years preferred in repair or similar oriented field.
- Working knowledge of industrial sewing repair machinery (PFAFF).
- Familiar with sewing with guides. No piece work.
- Understands leather repair and can determine options for correcting problems.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients in a calm and professional manner.
- An effective team player.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Possess a sense of urgency and high level of resourcefulness and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Fashion or luxury experience is a plus.
Follow us for employment opportunities, industry/company news and events.