Perry Ellis seeks a motivated intern that will have the opportunity to learn how to plan, assort and analyze a department store business. This individual will become an integral part of the sales and planning team and can expect a well rounded experience working in the Perry Ellis Men's business. Intern will have exposure to internal planning and product meeting,market appointments with buyers and local store visits.
Intern will develop a working knowledge of :
* How to read and analyze selling and inventory reports
* How to build a profitable 6 mo plan
* How to build a balanced assortment with hands on experience in the showroom working with product
* Reporting weekly sales and business recap by publishing weekly reports and with verbal presentations during weekly meetings
* Participate in merchandising and design review meetings
* Participate in pre-line and market appointments with department stores buying and planning teams
* How to develop, maintain and analyze ladder plans.
* How to analyze selling to build size profiles.
* How inventory is purchased and the production process.
* Detail-oriented and deadline driven
* Team player
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Desire for a future career in sales or planning
* A passion for fashion!
* Schedule is Monday through Thursday from June 5th - August 10th