Retail Senior Business Analyst - JDA Administrator
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
The position is responsible to work with our Merchandise and Planning teams with specific focus on the portfolio of Retail-based applications to identify and evaluate business needs and system modifications. This position is responsible to help coordinate activities pertaining to the implementation of new application systems and application enhancements including, but not limited to, conducting business discovery sessions, conference room pilots, assist in creating test scripts and conducting functional testing, user testing, user training and user-related implementation activities. This includes owning the functional and understanding the technical aspects of kate spade’s application suite as well as end user and production support. This position will contribute to the strategic development of the Retail business functions & systems and will partner with the PMO group during project planning, program management and implementations activities.
- Provide functional and technical expertise and partner with key external vendors in order to resolve issues. Ensure that merchandising and planning systems interact effectively with other related systems.
- Create and maintain need calculations within JDA Allocation and support teams with features and functions of new system.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation and functional support of additional projects and systems designed to build-out retail capabilities.
- Act as a Functional/Technical administrator for all our JDA Suite Products (Enterprise Planning, Advanced Allocation, and Size Scaling, Assortment Planning TBD)
- Act as a liaison between the PMO and Merchandising/Planning teams and the technical IT experts.
- Prepare any or all of the following documents and manage updates, as needed:
- Functional Requirements Definition
- Business Processes
- Quality Assurance Plan and Test Scripts
- Training Plan
- Post Implementation / Business Integration Plan
- Issues Management Log
- 4-year degree; advanced degree a plus.
Minimum 2-3 years Retail based systems experience; 6 or more years of total work experience
Demonstrated experience as follows:
- Understanding of JDA- Enterprise Planning Architecture
- Understanding of front end, midtier and file server and how they interrelate with each other
- Ability to trouble shoot issues in front end, midtier or file server
- Ability to trouble shoot batch job failures
- Experience with JDA backend(Allocation database, EP Database and Size Scaling database)
- Good understanding of JDA database schemas, tables and their relationships
- Ability to run SQL queries against the backend databases to trouble shoot
- Ability to run reports against the backend database to identify any data integrity issues
- Experience in Unix
- Interpret error logs in Unix
- Ability to trouble shoot errors in Unix
- Ability to run scripts in Unix for fixing production data issues.
- Experience with JDA workbench is a plus
- Collaborating cross functionally to implement new systems and tools in a multi-brand, multi-channel environment
- Presenting and recommending strategies to the business users and IS/IT organization
- Experience with JDA products including Enterprise Planning, Assortment Planning, Advanced Allocation, Arthur, or other Retail Planning solutions.
- Influencing and communicating at a variety of associate and management levels
- Extremely strong follow up skills and issues tracking / follow up experience
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office applications and a thorough understanding of business intelligence tools.
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran